It’s a new Cheap Clean Eats and I’m showcasing another mug cake! Woot! Love these because they literally take no time to “bake”. Today’s recipe is the Banana Nut Mug Cake with a surprise center filling! So cool. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
– ¼ cup rolled oats
– ½ ripe banana, smashed
– 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons almond milk
– 2 packets zero calorie sweetener sweetener
– ½ teaspoon baking powder
– pinch cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon crushed walnuts
1. Fill a foil muffin cup with the 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt and freeze for 2 hours (or overnight) until solid.
2. Spray a large mug with cooking spray.
3. Mix together the oats, banana, Greek yogurt, egg, almond milk, sweetener, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir well.
4. Microwave for 1 minute.
5. Remove and press the frozen yogurt disk in the mug and press down slightly.
6. Return to microwave for another minute or until just set. (If you like your cake under-done, pull it out sooner. If you like it firm and more like a muffin, keep it in longer). Sprinkle with walnuts. The center should ooze out slightly if you don’t over-cook it.
Calories: 293 | Protein: 14 g | Net Carbs: 29 g | Fat: 12 g | Fiber: 4 g